Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Skyrim

Post  KingK on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 am

I figured I might as well make this thread as it seems relevant.

So, did you enjoy Skyrim so far?

What's the most awesome thing you tried so far?

Discuss.

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Re: Skyrim

Post  Dio on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:30 am

I have a horrible habit for walking into the most skewed difficulty fights in all of skyrim, I even managed to get into a three way for the second 'plot' dragon I killed. Here's some examples;

• Giant & 2 Mammoths vs Dragon vs Me vs Skeever
    • Bandit Clan vs Necromancer Cabal vs Restless Dead vs Me
    • Frost Dragon vs Me & Plot-Woman vs Stormcloak Patrol (I'm with the Legion)
    • Frost Sabertooth & Spriggan Matriarch vs Me (No Health Potions)
    • The Dark Brotherhood is already after me.

So yes, thats probably why i'm already level 17, because I keep getting into horrendously violent situations all the time. Handilly I went with a Fighter-Mage so I can mix up my tactics to fight just about anything - sometimes I even unsling my bow for a go.

Currently i'm rather curious about a headless horseman I spotted riding near Solitude which I imagine must be part of a plot somewhere down the road it rides. I did manage to catch up with them using the sprint-shout to talk to them but they didn't have any kind of response.

Oh yeah, and this game does have glitches and stupid shit;
    • Near the 'Alchemist's Shack' southeast of Helgen just to the south is a section of cliff which you can see through the clear back of because it's at a stupid angle with nothing to cover the rear of.
    • Got something upstairs you want to suprise the shit out of? Cast Raise Dead on a 'complete' skeleton inside one of those hanging cages dungeons always have. It'll spaz out then teleport either up or to the side of the cage into the air.
    • Mammoths will clobber the shit out of dragons if they see one, the dragon doesn't stand a chance vs them.
    • Try casting Raise Dead on a spriggan, you'll get a floating green aura that spriggan's usually have untill the spriggan dies.
    • The AI still cannot deal with you hiding behind corner tables or climbing ontop of things, however Elder Scrolls games always had this issue.
    • AI followers will not swim if you do.
    • Play the game long enough you'll get a graphics glitch where textures stop loading and things are randomly made of purple spandex, restarting the game appears to fix this.
    • Also there's that bucket glitch.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 am

I see the bucket as more of a feature than a glitch :P

Also, I killed the Dark Brotherhood at lvl 15, was surprisingly easy actually.

My latest dragon kill was actually just me watching a snow troll kill it xD

Venion
    Wyvern Captain
    Wyvern Captain

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Roleplay
    Guild: No allegiance
    Class: Stavemaster
    Disposition: Yes

Post  Venion on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:15 pm

There are a few bugs I've noticed. One bug is if you shift+tab to get steam overlay while in a conversation, you can't leave the conversation using tab so you're stuck in the conversation unless there's an option to exit the conversation through one of the dialogue options, obviously not a problem on console.
    I'm going for a warrior type, training myself in heavy armour, shield block, one-handed and archery. I also joined the companions because, just because.

KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I also joined the Companions, im personally using heavy armour and two-handed weapons.

Also I play as a Nord.

Venion
    Wyvern Captain
    Wyvern Captain

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Roleplay
    Guild: No allegiance
    Class: Stavemaster
    Disposition: Yes

Post  Venion on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Being a scary-looking Nord is the way to go.
    My char: KAESO BLACKMARR

Looking on the wiki, Redguard would've been perfect for the build I'm going for. Oh well, fuck it. NORDS!

Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Roleplay
    Class: Old One
    Disposition: Sleeping

Post  Outie on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Been playing since friday so I am level 35 now, Tough Nord Warrior Lady with max smithing and high enchanting. I can't get any better gear, all I find I can make better. Only thing somewhat worth a damn to me are Daedra artifacts or gear, but I prefer my dragon bone armor over the daedric armor. Either way its a pretty great game even if I had to do a shit ton of tweaking and searching around the web for some mouse fixing. I don't really have any big problems, its usually small stuff:

They got lazy with rivers, they don't really 'flow' the right way but more diagonal towards the other side, thats kinda annoying.
    While the radiant quest system is surely useful and cool its not always logic...I mean you got sailors(in dawnstar the city central north) who lost a bunch of cargo while they were drunk...Fucking all the way in the south where there isn't even any rivers for their boat.
    I was never a fan of level scaling mobs, while I get the game needing to keep opponents interesting, I just find it kinda breaks immersion when a pair of bandits come running with dwemer armor. I mean sure a few could have been lucky maybe finding a few weapons near a dwemer ruin..But a lot of them? naaaw...
    The path finding system is as usual stupid for NPCs.

Oh and my saddest moment was when my first ever follower 'Lydia' you get from whiterun when you become a thane...Died, I dunno why but I really felt sad about that. I miss her still. OH She swore to carry my burdens and she indeed did.

Dragon Kill count: 19
    Named Dragons: 2
    Regular Dragons: 7
    Blood Dragons: 6
    Frost Dragons: 4
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Well, you could hax her alive if you want her that bad.

a2c94.resurrect or player.placeatme a2c8e 1

Haven't really tested, so not entirely sure it'll work.

Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Roleplay

Post  Outie on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Well I did try the command used in oblivion, but it didn't work. Some of the old codes do though.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Thats because its basicly the same engine as Oblivion, just renamed to sound new.

Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Roleplay

Post  Outie on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 pm

That was my thoughts too. At least it looks pretty.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:19 am

I'm still getting into radiculous fights, I mean how exactly does one manage to end up fighting two dragons and a 10 man strong clan of Forsworn anyway? Somehow i've broken the guards in Markath and they keep wanting to put me in the jail for the Forsworn questline but since i've already cleared it they just get stuck in dialogue loops... Meaning I prettymuch can't go into Markath without getting into a massive battle anymore.

Like Outie i'm forging my own shit, only at about 70 smithing and yeah not even the artifacts are much worth holding onto. On the plus side i've won the war for the imperials and taken over the Dark Brotherhood which is a plus apart from that whole sharing a coffin with a corpse bit.

Upon discovering you can get married in this game I went about locating every potential bride in skyrim before settling on Ysolda; who is probably one of the less ugly of the potential stat buffer/income dispensiaries this game has to offer. I swear if I wasn't earning big bucks for murdering the - actually thats a spoiler i'll keep quiet.

Dragons Killed: Lost Count.

ps. got some rather 'odd' letters 'from a friend' so far, apparently they've heard about me using my shout in the following places: Whiterun, The Dark Brotherhood Sanctum and The Throat of the World. Apparently my 'friend' is a very dedicated stalker, i'm sure there was another odd location to add to that mostly odd list (Whiterun is a Given after all).
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah, Ysolda is my pick too whenever I get bored of not having a wife.

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:01 pm

An intresting oddity in the guard's AI that I picked up while messing with a guy I was trying to assassinate without gaining bounty while he was sitting in a guardhouse full of sleeping guards;

Sometimes they will walk up to you and talk to you if you use a shout near them and tell you that it's making people nervous - They do this even if your using it with hostiles nearby or if you are say; Invisable. I have a shout called 'Throw Voice' which is used as a distraction to misdirect enemies.

Basically if you try and misdirect a guard with a shout which makes it seem like your in another location while invisable he will walk up to you and talk to you regardless of how well hidden you were ruining your cover. Then there's a chance he will try and kill your enemy - and blames the kill on you.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am

Lol, that actually sounds kinda hilarious.

Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Skyrim

Post  Mute on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 pm

so im 32, just rolling around owning bandits cause i can, and while im fighting a bandit overlord, a dragon lands on me... "fair enough" i thought... im on a bridge... i used force shout and knocked the bandit cunt off the edge and ran off the bridge before i get knocked off. then the dragon SLIPS and dies... and give me a dragon soul... i almost pissed myself laughing it was hilarious!
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:12 pm

That does indeed sound hilarious, a shame it wasn't filmed.

Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Skyrim

Post  Mute on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:58 pm

i play it on ps3, and its not like i had planned it... im sure a dragon would follow you to a bridge if you wanted one to as well, im sure it would be easier to bug it out on pc as well =P
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Roleplay

Post  Outie on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 am

Dio wrote:I'm still getting into radiculous fights, I mean how exactly does one manage to end up fighting two dragons and a 10 man strong clan of Forsworn anyway? Somehow i've broken the guards in Markath and they keep wanting to put me in the jail for the Forsworn questline but since i've already cleared it they just get stuck in dialogue loops... Meaning I prettymuch can't go into Markath without getting into a massive battle anymore.

Like Outie i'm forging my own shit, only at about 70 smithing and yeah not even the artifacts are much worth holding onto. On the plus side i've won the war for the imperials and taken over the Dark Brotherhood which is a plus apart from that whole sharing a coffin with a corpse bit.

Upon discovering you can get married in this game I went about locating every potential bride in skyrim before settling on Ysolda; who is probably one of the less ugly of the potential stat buffer/income dispensiaries this game has to offer. I swear if I wasn't earning big bucks for murdering the - actually thats a spoiler i'll keep quiet.

Dragons Killed: Lost Count.

ps. got some rather 'odd' letters 'from a friend' so far, apparently they've heard about me using my shout in the following places: Whiterun, The Dark Brotherhood Sanctum and The Throat of the World. Apparently my 'friend' is a very dedicated stalker, i'm sure there was another odd location to add to that mostly odd list (Whiterun is a Given after all).

I did say somewhat. Azura's star is fairly useful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 pm