Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

[PS3] Yakuza

Post  Dio on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Yakuza series (There are currently 4 games out) general.

Grabbed myself #4 last week, been digging into it in order to escape Atelier Rorona addiction and have ended up just as hooked on this as I was that. Typical, eh?
    Least I didn't waste my money.

I've gone though the large part of the main story, been all 4 player characters and finally switched back to Akiyama because taunting people to boost the special guage makes extorting street thugs much, much easier.

It is definently not because he gets the hostess minigame, which I do not waste endless hours attempting to perfect the art of... Actually thats too specific a denial to cover up. Anyway, between the whole punch people's teeth out in intresting and violent ways and the many minigames this game offers from training martial artists to hostesses, or getting a full fufillment out of a massage. It keeps you busy.

My only problem is the amount of cash you find yourself having to rack up, and when 20,000yen is about the best in straight cash you can punch out of one thug encounter, that basically means grinding goons should the substory your working towards require a large investment.

Despite the fact the large part of the story, and game is beating the shit out of people it keeps you intrested by switching up which character your playing, as I mentioned before there are 4; so should you be getting bored of what is offered to you gameplay wise then punch onwards and unlock a new way of punching people in the form of a new character.

Oh, and Kiryu is by far the hardest boss in the game; so far in the entire game i've had to retry 5 times, 4 of those were when fighting Kiryu. All I can say is remember to get the block reversal for Saejima.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Re: [PS3] Yakuza

Post  KingK on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:59 am

I actually want to try those games but I have no PS3

Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Old One
    Disposition: Sleeping

Post  Outie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 am

I've only played the demo for 3, I liked it a lot so yeah lucky you =P seems like guud games.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 pm