Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Re: Moments in games you crapped yourself

Post  Dio on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Theif 3, The Cradle.
    I shat so many bricks they could have built a replica of the place.
    Probably the most genuinly scary level in a game i've ever played, seriously whenever I got to the level in a playthrough i'ld actually just save and quit. I only got through the level a few times and then the game brought in those Golems, oh those freaking golems.

Zelda: OoT, The Well
    When I was a kid I never actually finished OoT since I was shit scared of the well level, even though it's only a sub-dungeon It had everything that freaked me out in that game all packaged into one nice little hell whole. I've since gone back to the game and defeated it of course but I still made a hasty exit to the dungeon once I finished it.

Naturally horror games are freaky to some extent or another, atleast if they're any good. Ones i've played which have actually gotten me scared instead of pulling fast ones with sudden jumps i'll bother mentioning.

Yume Nikki
    This is something of a promotion since it's on the site but this game does actually creep me out more and more the longer I play it, I mean theres just something inherently disturbing about it's simplicity and theres not allot in the game that you can take comfort in, since most of them turn around and go 'Psyche!' if you make the wrong move.

Aoi Oni
    Let me put it this way, i've never actually played this game and I never intend to. This game is just that creepy ; Like Yume Nikki it's built to look like an old RPG but it's more like a combination of a murder mystery and being locked in a small room with triangle head. The main enemy in this game is the Aoi Oni - A Giant Blue man with a disfigured face and he may appear at any time, in any place and then he will hunt you down - you cannot fight him and as the game progresses there are less and less places you can hide from him. Initially you have to outrun him (He's faster than you) by jumping through doors and rooms quickly enough that you can find time to jump in a cupboard - however even hiding in the cupboard takes time and yes; he can see you went in the cupboard if you were too slow.

Silent Hill 2
    I understand that this is a classic and it's one of the games I should be more scared of but to be honest somehow my twisted sense of humor actually allows me to find this game for the large part funny as hell. The creepiest this game gets is actually after i've murdered everything in the general area with my bare hands.

As far as horror games go I really want to try out the Fatal Frame games, or atleast I think that was the name of the game where you have to go through a haunted town to rescue the character sister with a flash camera and a limited amount of film - did I mention that the camera does more damage to ghosts the closer they are to you? ... and has a flash 'recharge' time period?
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Re: moments in games you crapped yourself

Post  Mute on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am

Zelda OoT - likewise i played this when i was a kid, 6 yrs old to be exact... now horror + kids generally means you gonna have nightmare or just get scared shitless. the re-deads. i dont care where they were, if i heard one of em moan, i got my brother to kill em for me. even on the shadow temple.

fear one - first lvl is the only one that scared me. just cause no one is there for the whole level, then a guy comes outta no where with a crobar.

resident evil 4 - the regenerators. came back from animania with a friend of mine full of sugar from coke and candies then played RE 4... bad idea. we turned around after a cut scene and opened the door. lo and behold theres a regenerator there. we blasted its entire top half of its body off and though we were done with it. wrong... we went past it and the pair of hands just grabs us and drags us back... threw the wii remote so hard at the wall it almost broke o_O

alien vs predator - computer version - now this came out when i was 7... again very stupid idea of me to play it but i didnt know better and my parents though it was like final fantasy, so it wouldnt be scary/gorey. anyway, half way through the human part of the campaign i was doing ok, nothing was bad enough to scare me till... DUN DUN DUN!! a wonderful little alien called the face hugger comes out! and shoves its tail down your throat, lays eggs and then you watch the alien hatch and eat its way out of your body... wonderful imagery there ey?

well thats me done... NEXT!! >=D
    FlyingFantastica
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 259
    Registration date : 2010-08-01

Roleplay
    Class: Grand Guignol
    Disposition: Serene

Post  FlyingFantastica on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 am

Dio wrote:

As far as horror games go I really want to try out the Fatal Frame games, or atleast I think that was the name of the game where you have to go through a haunted town to rescue the character sister with a flash camera and a limited amount of film - did I mention that the camera does more damage to ghosts the closer they are to you? ... and has a flash 'recharge' time period?

Spoiler:
    I have the first and third games of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series;
    Story-wise don't expect a Silent Hill 2, the games are more straightforward, but the scares and creepiness are just right.
    The stories can get really sad too especially if you read all of the documents/diaries/tomes etc.. the games provide about the character that went berserk (with a good reason) that kills everyone
    /Spoils the game

Fatal Frame 1;
    Kirie went berserk after being sacrificed (pulled apart by ropes than being held at a Hell Gate) thinking that the man she liked was still alive (the family master killed him and than killed everyone that had too do with the situation)

Fatal Frame 2;

Sae and her sister tried to escape but failed well Sae failed her sister successfully got away than saw the body of a friend who killed himself to help them escape.
    Since her sister wasn't there to kill her they hanged her but she didn't exactly die and was thrown into the Hellish Abyss alive

Fatal Frame 3;
    Reika's family is dead but luckily she get's adopted and unluckily she gets picked to seal another hell mouth (Chamber of Thorns).
    On the day of the Ritual everything goes as planned she get's tattooed and staked with the help of her grief and sorrow (yadda yadda yadda) her little sister which she knew nothing about let's her boyfriend in the Manor and guides him to Reika (she later get's staked because she broke the rules) Reika sees him and smiles back at him and when he tries to free her, he get's an axe to the back by the Family Master and so Reika is forced to look at him for as long as she stays there (does not end well for anyone in the manor)

Fatal Frame 4 (Unreleased outside Japan, there's an english patch for it)
    Dad think's it's a good idea to use his mentally unstable daughter which is mentally unstable because of a disease related to the moon in a ritual designed to make the dead crossover, the ritual is basically a dance that makes (during a lunar eclipse) the sea open a huge ass hole so the dead souls can go in it.
    Needless to say what happens
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 am

I've heard that RE4 has it's scary moments, however sadly i've only played Resident Evil 5 which fails at being a scary game forever. The closest it ever comes to being scary is when your trying to complete that one mercinaries mission and it decides it'll switch to spawning Liktors (only) instead of disgruntled africans. Though that ends up being more adrenaline fuel than anything if your playing co-op.

Anyone else know the Cradle from Theif 3 then?
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Number of posts : 1605

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:40 am

Resi 5 was never meant to be scary I don't think.
    Dr.Nanashi
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 178
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Roleplay
    Class: Drunk
    Disposition: Drunk

Post  Dr.Nanashi on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm

thief deadly shadows - I'm about to blackjack a guy (bad lighting and all so it looks normal) it turn around and its the supper boss that shoot fire and insta kills you.
    but as it does that game glitches and lets out the most ear breaking screech sound ever then the game froze. fun times
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Number of posts : 1605

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:08 am

Not crapped myself in in fright but I started playing Crackdown for the Xbox 360 today (5 in Gamestation. Happy days Very Happy Perfect Dark Zero was too...)

But anyway, I can't see myself playing this game seriously because it's the perfect "dicking about" game. Basic idea is that you're a bio-soldier of sorts and you have to take down drug lords. But scattered around the city are things called orbs which help you upgrade abilities like agility. As soon as I discovered this I set about collecting about 80 (of 500) in my 1st sitting.

Now I can jump stupidly high Very Happy

Basically shit yourself moment was the 1st time I dared to do a cross-street jump and I literally just made it by grabbing a pipe on the wall but as I was flying through the air I could feel myself questioning whether I was gonna make it or not. Excellent stuff Very Happy
    FlyingFantastica
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 259
    Registration date : 2010-08-01

Roleplay
    Class: Grand Guignol
    Disposition: Serene

Post  FlyingFantastica on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:32 am

mcmicken wrote:Not crapped myself in in fright but I started playing Crackdown for the Xbox 360 today (5 in Gamestation. Happy days Very Happy Perfect Dark Zero was too...)

But anyway, I can't see myself playing this game seriously because it's the perfect "dicking about" game. Basic idea is that you're a bio-soldier of sorts and you have to take down drug lords. But scattered around the city are things called orbs which help you upgrade abilities like agility. As soon as I discovered this I set about collecting about 80 (of 500) in my 1st sitting.

Now I can jump stupidly high Very Happy

Basically shit yourself moment was the 1st time I dared to do a cross-street jump and I literally just made it by grabbing a pipe on the wall but as I was flying through the air I could feel myself questioning whether I was gonna make it or not. Excellent stuff Very Happy

Sandbox games; The fun neve- UNLIMITED AMMO
    Speaking of dicking around you guys know that REALLY tall building in GTA;SA that has a free parachute?
    I went there and jumped thinking I had picked up the parachute.
    My face when I realized no parachute;
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:18 pm

In general any game where you can fall a sufficient height while looking downward will lead to a 'Oh Crap' moment, considering it's a pretty damn basic block game I used to crindge on the big drops in Minecraft of all things to begin with.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm