Touhou Labyrinth

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

Re: Touhou Labyrinth

Post  Savato93 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Tangrelle wrote:It's possible to do Yuugi first, seeing as her attacks pretty much always hit the first slot. So you can viably have fodder in slot one and 3 nukes of death right there.

Frankly, you need Fire affinities at about level 20 on something with high mind if you wanna survive Hellfire. After that, I believe he'll pretty much do around three physical attacks before starting it up again. if you wanna get the damage in there, he's got only about average debuff resistance, so you could use Cirno and spam Icicle Fall until it works. His paralysis resistance is slightly higher, but if you can land a paralysis, you should be able to recuperate. I also suggest Iku, seeing as she has pretty much the highest mind growth if you solely raise it. Along with that, if you can get Wriggle in between Hellfires, throwing off a poison on the boss can seriously help. Just remember to reapply.

Good luck! <3

I'm good. I managed to beat them both yesterday. In fact, I missed the "knockout in three steps" button fighting Tam's FOE and accidentslly cast Irremovable Shackles, both poisoning AND paralyzing him, on my first turn. That 'accident' just happened to save my ass. Very Happy

Now, about those spirits you need to fight for Komachi...
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:09 pm

The spirits are jerks. Jerks jerks jerks. Like, you really need Hades rings on everyone for them cause otherwise they'll smash you. Even then, they're really tough!

On the note, KOi3S wouldn't have done much anyway, seeing as Tam should have high fire resist :x

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Savato93 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Indeed. I finally managed to beat them when I grouped Meiling and Yuugi with Iku and her ATK-buff spell. After several agonizing battles, I managed to beat them.

And, also... DTH has absolutely NO effect on bosses, does it?
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:20 pm

By the time you get a character with a death attack, it will never work on bosses <3 In a new game pluys though, it'll work on Boss!Meiling, Chen, and others though! WEhich boss are you talking about?

On a side note, I had decided to get a new game plus file. I shortly saved over my two previous 19f files without even thinking. Derpderpderp.

On another note, Mystia is awesome D:<

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Savato93 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Tangrelle wrote:By the time you get a character with a death attack, it will never work on bosses <3 In a new game pluys though, it'll work on Boss!Meiling, Chen, and others though! WEhich boss are you talking about?

On a side note, I had decided to get a new game plus file. I shortly saved over my two previous 19f files without even thinking. Derpderpderp.

On another note, Mystia is awesome D:<

ALL of Komachi's attacks are death attacks. I just want to get past Reisen as quickly as possible, so I keep spamming Komachi's heaviest spell while holding the cronies down with PAR. I need to know if there is even a remote possibility it will work.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

It'll never work, no matter how hard you try <3

Besides, Reisen his held down with Paralysis as much as the cronies :x Just kill her first <3
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Post  Dio on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Tangrelle wrote:Reisen is held down with Paralysis as much as the cronies :x Just kill her first <3

Sounds like a job for a good old fashioned damage team then.

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Savato93 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Dio wrote:
    Tangrelle wrote:Reisen is held down with Paralysis as much as the cronies :x Just kill her first <3

Sounds like a job for a good old fashioned damage team then.

I always buff Yuugi with Iku's ATK/MAG buff (got her equipped with para resistance ring to cover the side effect), and I get an easy 5-10K+ with all of her spells. I Even bring out both komachi and Reimu to PAR the minions, but I always lose everyone to Mind Starmine. No chance to react, no chance to defend, EVERYONE DIES, NO MATTER WHAT.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

If you don't mind missing Reisen's awesome drop, you can continuously kill off the minions instead, and she'll usually try and resummon them.

I checked just now, and Reisen's Para resist is higher than the rabbit's resistance of zero. Durf. When I think about it, you should have Suwako and Nitori by now. Suwako's paralysis is pretty much the best main game, she should be the one to paralyze Miss Reisen. Nitori, on the other hand, is a massive arse in the face when buffed with her nuke. They would help a bunch. I also suggest trying to buff Komachi instead, as Reisen's Spirit affinity is a bit lower than the others.

If all else fails, level grind~? Mind Starmine is Mystic if I recall, you could raise those affinities. At the same time, if you're dying because of Starmine and the debuffs she inflicts, you could consider Miss Rumia for her debuff fixing heal.

EDIT: Speaking of, if you have that Mystic Affinity Boost Equip, you should put that on your main tank. What's the current party you use for her, by the by?
    ReiReiuji
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2011-01-12

Post  ReiReiuji on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Im sorry but im currently haveing alot of trouble installing the Plus disc from the bin
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 am

ReiReiuji wrote:Im sorry but im currently haveing alot of trouble installing the Plus disc from the bin

Is that so? Do you have the accompanying .cue file?
    Additionally I do believe one of our members posted a pre-patched installation folder of the game in this thread someplace. I imagine they'll speak up in a post or two.

If you can describe anything about the issue your having that'ld be fabulous.
    ReiReiuji
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  ReiReiuji on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:07 am

Dio wrote:
    ReiReiuji wrote:Im sorry but im currently haveing alot of trouble installing the Plus disc from the bin

Is that so? Do you have the accompanying .cue file?
    Additionally I do believe one of our members posted a pre-patched installation folder of the game in this thread someplace. I imagine they'll speak up in a post or two.

If you can describe anything about the issue your having that'ld be fabulous.
    Well~ right after i use Alcohol to get it out of the bin it looks fine, then it crashes when i select "new game"
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:13 am

ReiReiuji wrote:Well~ right after i use Alcohol to get it out of the bin it looks fine, then it crashes when i select "new game"

Ah ha, I know that glitch! The title screen is black right?
    Are you running it straight from the .bin? Since that'ld probably mess things up;
    Mostly since you need to install the two expansion disks into the original game folder.

If alchohol can't unpack things then try using DaemonTools.
    http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Troubleshooting
    I have black screen with just New Game, Load Game, and quit. When I choose "New game", the game freezes. What should I do?

Make sure the file path has no Japanese characters in it.

The games crashes after a few seconds: I see the title screen, but the game closes right before the menu appears.

You need to install 2 font files : DFMincho-UB (dfminc.ttc) and HGSoeiKakupoptai (hgrpp1.ttc)

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Savato93 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Tangrelle wrote:If you don't mind missing Reisen's awesome drop, you can continuously kill off the minions instead, and she'll usually try and resummon them.

I checked just now, and Reisen's Para resist is higher than the rabbit's resistance of zero. Durf. When I think about it, you should have Suwako and Nitori by now. Suwako's paralysis is pretty much the best main game, she should be the one to paralyze Miss Reisen. Nitori, on the other hand, is a massive arse in the face when buffed with her nuke. They would help a bunch. I also suggest trying to buff Komachi instead, as Reisen's Spirit affinity is a bit lower than the others.

If all else fails, level grind~? Mind Starmine is Mystic if I recall, you could raise those affinities. At the same time, if you're dying because of Starmine and the debuffs she inflicts, you could consider Miss Rumia for her debuff fixing heal.

EDIT: Speaking of, if you have that Mystic Affinity Boost Equip, you should put that on your main tank. What's the current party you use for her, by the by?

Screw the drop. My strategy is this:

Team order: Meiling(lv.34, almost 3000 HP, over 1500 DEF), Yuugi, Iku(use equipment to outspeed Yuugi), Reimu(fastest)

-Use evil-sealing circle to paralyze the quartet.
    -Use thunderhorn stickleback (twice) on Yuugi to increase ATK.
    -Use Yuugi's irremovable shackles to poison/paralyze reisen, dealing around 7K damage.
    -Swap out Iku for Aya and use Saruhiko's Guidance (twice) to increase Yuugi's speed.
    -Hit with either 'storm on mt. ooe' or 'knockout in three steps' for around 15K.
    -Paralyze minions again with Reimu and repeat the process.
    -Swap out Aya/Iku for Remilia for optional firepower.

It all falls apart after Mind Starmine.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

One thing I'll note is that your strategy is lacking in any buffs of a defensive nature. Maybe you should try using Cirno's multi-hit paralyze spell, so as to allow Reimu to throw up her defense barrier? At the same time, you may wish to consider someone else as the recipient of Iku's buff, like Patchy, who has high affinities and mind, and should take little damage while dealing a bunch. I also suggest Alice as a reliable Magic Debuffer, since I believe she's the only potent debuffer for attack stats at your point in the game. Seeker Doll would be the one, and when she's done, her Fire Nuke hits Reisen physically for fine damage, too.

Also, to whoever was having problems with their thing.

This would be the game, ready to go, although its charagraph is filled with my portraits and it has save files you should overwrite.

I think I'll upload an entirely clean version when I have the time and less the headache.
    ReiReiuji
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  ReiReiuji on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Dio wrote:
    ReiReiuji wrote:Well~ right after i use Alcohol to get it out of the bin it looks fine, then it crashes when i select "new game"

Ah ha, I know that glitch! The title screen is black right?
    Are you running it straight from the .bin? Since that'ld probably mess things up;
    Mostly since you need to install the two expansion disks into the original game folder.

If alchohol can't unpack things then try using DaemonTools.
    http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Troubleshooting
    I have black screen with just New Game, Load Game, and quit. When I choose "New game", the game freezes. What should I do?

Make sure the file path has no Japanese characters in it.

The games crashes after a few seconds: I see the title screen, but the game closes right before the menu appears.

You need to install 2 font files : DFMincho-UB (dfminc.ttc) and HGSoeiKakupoptai (hgrpp1.ttc)

well its not exactly a black screan, i can see everything, just after i select "new game" it crashes
    Sockpies
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2010-10-24

Roleplay
    Guild: No allegiance
    Disposition:

Post  Sockpies on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 am

Right now i'm stuck on Sanae's Foe
    My strategy is to have Meiling then Remilia, and then two useless characters that will get one shotted by hellfire. Then they switch in Minoriko and Reimu for healing,buffs, and attempted paralyzing. Then everyone is healed, and I switch reimu out for patchouli. And then somehow, its cheap AI decides "Hmmm last slot nuker, lets beat er up AwesomeTroll " and patch gets killed. The same happens with nitori and anyone else I send out. Then when flowing is coming, I switch all of the weak chars out for empty slots, and leave meiling and remilia out cause they'll survive. Then right when minoriko comes out, meiling or remilia gets slammed, and they die.

Ya i'd like some advice, because not even komachi, with 4k hp , decent mnd, and some fire affinity survives flowing hellfire.
    Piemur1
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2010-11-28

Roleplay
    Class: Gamer
    Disposition: Friendly

Post  Piemur1 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 am

I heard that the AI gets thrown off if you have empty slots and skips the pattern. The pattern usually goes Hellfire, Tackle, Pummel, Tackle, repeat. But if the slot that it's trying to hit is empty, it just goes to the next phase in the pattern immediately. Such as if it were about to Pummel (or whatever that attack was called) an empty slot, it just skips to Tackle. If the target of that were empty, it goes into Hellfire and nukes the entire row. Optimally, you would want at least 2 strong def & fire resist tanks in the first two slots, a healer in the 3rd slot, and your damage dealer in the 4th.

Oh, and after the first hellfire, I like to use Wriggle's poison attack and then pull her back. Try to debuff it's ATK when possible. I remember that fight as well, and barely survived with just 2 of my characters at critical health.

But yeah, the true secret to beating the Foes is:
    Spoiler:
    grind grind grind.

Savato93
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Savato93 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Tangrelle wrote:One thing I'll note is that your strategy is lacking in any buffs of a defensive nature. Maybe you should try using Cirno's multi-hit paralyze spell, so as to allow Reimu to throw up her defense barrier? At the same time, you may wish to consider someone else as the recipient of Iku's buff, like Patchy, who has high affinities and mind, and should take little damage while dealing a bunch. I also suggest Alice as a reliable Magic Debuffer, since I believe she's the only potent debuffer for attack stats at your point in the game. Seeker Doll would be the one, and when she's done, her Fire Nuke hits Reisen physically for fine damage, too.

Yeah... just like that other guy, the AI is uber-cheap, always targeting my last slot member.

Also, Nitori is being a bitch on 8F, and she won't show up, though I beat her in 7F. I filled out the entire 8F map (that alone took almost an hour), and still no sight of her. WTF?
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Well. She's a random encounter! That means random! Never hurts to grind, anyway c:

On a side note, on this new run since I failed, I am preparing to try an Attack Based Tenshi! D:< Her formulas are pretty nice, quite frankly, and C isn't bad for an attack stat :x
    Zero
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-09-12

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Zero on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

You must also find and talk to Nitori on 7th Floor for her to show up in 8th as a random encounter then you Talk to her again I think. It's been a while since I last played, though I do remember I had to talk to her on a floor with those 4 ghost things Komachi asks you to kill.Then on 9th floor she becomes a boss. I'm hoping that she won't have her insanely strong damage formula for that canon attack of hers, since in 2.04 it doesn't really do too much damage.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:18 pm

ReiReiuji wrote:well its not exactly a black screan, i can see everything, just after i select "new game" it crashes

Contact me over MSN or Skype or the like (Addresses should be on my profile) and we'll work out whats going on.
    Sockpies
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Disposition:

Post  Sockpies on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 am

Piemur1 wrote:I heard that the AI gets thrown off if you have empty slots and skips the pattern. The pattern usually goes Hellfire, Tackle, Pummel, Tackle, repeat. But if the slot that it's trying to hit is empty, it just goes to the next phase in the pattern immediately. Such as if it were about to Pummel (or whatever that attack was called) an empty slot, it just skips to Tackle. If the target of that were empty, it goes into Hellfire and nukes the entire row. Optimally, you would want at least 2 strong def & fire resist tanks in the first two slots, a healer in the 3rd slot, and your damage dealer in the 4th.

Oh, and after the first hellfire, I like to use Wriggle's poison attack and then pull her back. Try to debuff it's ATK when possible. I remember that fight as well, and barely survived with just 2 of my characters at critical health.

But yeah, the true secret to beating the Foes is:
    Spoiler:
    grind grind grind.

Like meiling and remi and the first two slots, minoriko in the third, and nitori,patchy,ect in 4th? To be sure i'd have to ask for a party setup(like what party members in my reserve and outside and that)
    Piemur1
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2010-11-28

Roleplay
    Class: Gamer
    Disposition: Friendly

Post  Piemur1 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah, but also keep in mind that when I fought Tam's Foe, Meiling had died near the end and I was scrambling with any of my characters left over to try and do whatever they could. I was lucky when I beat it, because I think I was down to just Rumia and Cirno. Not sure, exactly, but I knew it was really bad I was bringing those two out...And I REALLY didn't want to bring Cirno out towards the end of that fight...
    Sockpies
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Disposition:

Post  Sockpies on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Yah but sanae's foe is alot harder, and kills everyone but my front row tanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:31 pm