Number of posts: 3606
    Registration date: 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Touhoumon

Post  Dio on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 am

Here's the latest from IIchan (With Adjustments).
    If you can't work it all out get the pre-prepared one from the links at the bottom.

Touhou Puppet Play, or Touhoumon as referred to in short by much of the english community, is a hacked version of Pokemon Fire Red, replacing the original cast of Pokemon with various puppets of Touhou characters.

Standard Emulator: http://vba.ngemu.com/
    Emulator with Link-Up capabilities: http://www.vbalink.info/

To play it, you must configure your emulator to accept the in-game saves FR requires. Using VisualBoyAdvance, the settings are:
    Options>Emulator>Real Time Clock ON
    Options>Emulator>Save Type/Flash128k
    Options>Gameboy>GBA

There are various versions of the game currently in the wild. You can download the latest japanese version off the official loda.jp uploader for the Touhou Puppet Play Wiki.
    The official port to the english version of Fire Red was maintained by Lobsterhime, though he has stopped updating.
    Aqua+Yui is an english version designed to fill up as many slots as possible and focus on collecting. You can get it here: mediafire.com mediafire.com/aquamentis
    Drakuaza and Anjirusensei have Insane/Extra difficulty versions.
    There are also english Emerald ports being worked on. Anjirusensei has released his version, and it is a normal difficulty game, unlike Drakuaza's. Don't expect it to be as easy as the original Emerald, though. You can get it here: mediafire.com mediafire.com/?jzjd1iz4nmy
    Agastya is working on his own Emerald port of Touhou Puppet Play which is designed more casually, and retains the original easy difficulty of Emerald for the most part.
    There is also a Shoddy Battle server for Touhoumon, allowing for simulated online battles using touhoumon. Accessible by pointing a copy of shoddy battle to shoddy.supersanctuary.net on port 11000.

http://www39.atwiki.jp/touhoukeitai/pages/1.html - Japanese Wiki for the Japanese version of Touhoumon. The latest Japanese patches can be found here, in the uploader section, as well as a crapload of gameplay information if you can read Japanese. All unofficial and official patches are found here, and the creators also post on the BBSes. For the English version, latest patch details can be found in the Touhoumon threads on Pooshlmer, in other words, where you are now.
    http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Puppet_Play - English Wiki for the Japanese verson of Touhoumon.
    http://thmon.amarilloviridian.com/kareha/ - Forum and boards for the Aqua+Yui version and it's derivatives.
    http://thmon.amarilloviridian.com/wiki - Wiki for the Aqua+Yui version of Touhoumon.

As time progresses the patchers will update the game with new sprites, movelists, maps, and special events so check often to get the right version for your game.

Thank You Google for 9000+ Page Views!

Old Original Details;
    Spoiler:
    Touhoumon is a modded version of Pokemon Fire Red, replacing most of the original 386 with as many Touhou characters as you can think of, now in English and Japanese versions.

Previous Thread:
    >>281858
    Current Versions:
    Japanese: 1.53ver4
    English: 1.53

Quick Startup (English version):

1. Download an English ver1.00 FR ROM.
    You can use this ROM that's prepatched with an older version, but needs to be updated with the newer patches. mediafire.com mediafire.com/?5eymrnb4kni

2. Download a IPS patcher. Options include ipsXP (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html) or Lunar IPS (http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html).

3. Download the latest patches.
    Game patch: mediafire.com mediafire.com/?tjnzwumamky

4. Apply the patch to the FR ROM using whichever IPS patcher you chose.

5. Configure your emulator to accept the in-game saves FR requires. Using VisualBoyAdvance, the settings are:
    Options>Gameboy>GBA

6. Open the ROM and enjoy!

Quick Startup (Japanese version):

1. Download a Japanese ver1.00 FR ROM, either looking through mediafire.com mediafire.com/?ieln50dqlrl
    Alternatively, you could use this prepatched ROM updated to version 1.50: megaupload.commegaupload.com RN6I6SKN

2. Download a IPS patcher. Options include ipsXP (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html) or Lunar IPS (http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html).

3. Download the following file:

No. 188 東方人形劇 統合パッチSA_1_53 ver3

You can find them at the uploader section in the Japanese wiki (look below for the link to the JP wiki). Click on the file with the correct title/file number, then click on ダウンロード in bold just above the banner ad in the middle.

For a visual guide on getting to the uploader, check here: >>250111

Note that the uploader url changes constantly, as well as the file numbers, so it's best to go there from the wiki, or ask if you're uncertain.

4. Apply the patches in the order given above to the FR ROM using whichever IPS patcher you chose.

5. Configure your emulator to accept the in-game saves FR requires. Using VisualBoyAdvance, the settings are:
    Options>Gameboy>GBA

6. Open the ROM and enjoy!

Useful stuff:

http://www39.atwiki.jp/touhoukeitai/pages/1.html - Japanese Wiki for the Japanese version of Touhoumon. The latest Japanese patches can be found here, in the uploader section, as well as a crapload of gameplay information if you can read Japanese. All unofficial and official patches are found here, and the creators also post on the BBSes. For the English version, latest patch details can be found in the Touhoumon threads on Pooshlmer, in other words, where you are now.
    http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Puppet_Play - English Wiki for the Japanese verson of Touhoumon.

FAQ:

Q: I tried to patch the 1.50-1.53 series of patches but when I started it, the game froze/I encountered lots of bugs! Why?
    A: You most likely tried to patch a ROM already patched with previous versions. The 1.50-1.53 series of patches must be used on a fresh, untouched ROM, and is not compatible with versions before 1.50.

Q: I patched it using a fresh ROM, but when I reloaded my save, all my Touhoumons were messed up!
    A: Save data cannot be carried over elegantly from the versions before 1.50 to the new one, as the new one changed the Pokedex locations of several Touhoumons. If you wish to play the new version, you will have to start a new game.

Q: I patched my FR ROM with v1.5 and it works fine, can I patch 1.51-1.53 on top of it?
    A: Yes, it should work and carry over save data without problems.

Q: In what order should I apply the patches?
    A: 1.50 -> 1.51 -> 1.52 -> 1.53. The BGM and Touhoumon cries patches can be applied anytime in the process.

Q. Where do I find Remilia/Flandre/Yuyuko/Ran/Yukari/any other stage 6 or EX boss?
    A: All the stage 6 and EX bosses, with the exception of Suika, can only be found in the Sevii Islands, and encountered when you receive the National Dex.

Q. Where do I find chibi Shinki?
    A. The old man on a small island west of Island 5 will give you an egg containing her if your lead pokemon has maximum happiness.

Q: What's the difference between Japanese and English versions?
    A: The Japanese version is a collaboration between へもぐろびんA1C (Gameplay/Sprites), 紫苑(Music), 踰輝(Bug-fixing) and ‐==|=(Title and Yin-Yang Balls). The English version, made by FeKa with unofficial help from LobsterHime and Namless Shinigami, uses the sprites and music from the Japanese version onto an English ROM, with a few extras such as added moves.

Because of this, typically the Japanese version will receive updates faster since it is the source material and has more people working on it. Also, the Japanese version uses a Japanese FR ROM, and the English version uses an English FR ROM, patches that are applicable to one are not applicable to the other.

Q: Why can't I save my game after the elite 4?
    A: You did not configure your emulator properly to save your game. Follow step 5 in the Quick Startup guide above, delete any save game files (.sgm and .sav), restart from the beginning, and try to save as soon as you can to test. You WILL have to restart from the beginning if this is the case, if you wish to play on beyond the Elite 4.

Q: My Pokemon started to evolve, but stopped! Why?
    A: Most likely, this is due to a few final evolutions taking the 151-407 slots in the Pokedex, thus needing the National Dex before they can evolve. Check the Touhoudex to see if the Touhoumon you're training has this requirement for the English version.

Q: I can't read Japanese, I need help progressing through the Japanese version!
    A: Check GameFAQs. The story flow is unchanged from the original game.

Q: What are these "Great Hakurei Border", "Dark/Last Word", "Hard Difficulty", "Emerald", "SkillSystemofDP", "ShiningWind", "Gensokyo" and "Johto Addition" patches?
    A: They are unofficial patches made by people not related to the creator. All are considered endgame areas and generally facilitate making a strong team, and providing challenges to a high-levelled team. They are also only applicable to the Japanese version, and some may not be compatible with v1.53. Information about the unofficial patches can be found at http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex/Unofficial_Patches

Q. Is there a Ditto-equivalent for breeding in this game?
    A. In English v1.1 and Japanese v1.0x, it is Tori, who you find in Silph Co in place of Lapras. In Japanese v1.5x, nearly all Touhoumon can breed with each other (with the exception of non-humanoids like Genji, Evil Eye, etc), so it isn't a major factor.

Q. What are the Dark/Last Word Touhoumon?
    A. They are special Touhoumon used only by the CPU, although you can have access to them via gameshark/codes or by downloading some unofficial patches. 人形入手パッチ2 gains access to this.

Q. Which fossil is which on Mt. Moon of the current Japanese version?
    A. Left is Hakurei, right is Kirisame. Old Amber is Dolls

Q. Which feather is which on Mt. Moon of the English version?
    A. White Feather is Lily White, Black Feather is Lily Black.

Q. What can I do to debug my game file that I've patched several times now that the gameplay is corrupted?
    A. Download patch No. 9 downgrade_to_100.zip, and reapply all official patches, then reapply unofficial patches at your own risk.

Downloads:

ipsXP (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html)
    Lunar IPS (http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html)
    Japanese ver1.00 FR ROM mediafire.com mediafire.com/?ieln50dqlrl
    prepatched ROM updated to version 1.50: megaupload.commegaupload.com RN6I6SKN
    Touhou Puppet Play OST mediafire.com mediafire.com/?mnzz3wgy4ml
    Sprites mediafire.com mediafire.com/?zdq1yymtlwb
    Touhoumon locations mediafire.com mediafire.com/download.php?4ndnmg5zm2z
    Cheat codes http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/918915/28392

Last edited by Dio on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts: 1276

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Re: Touhoumon

Post  KingK on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 am

I might just try that.

Shirosuki
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts: 2
    Registration date: 2009-08-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

i got a problem

Post  Shirosuki on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm

uhm so i have a problem with touhoumon...it says that the game follows the normal story of firered but after i finished the cinnabar gym i couldnt go to sevii islands i looked the story of firered up and it says that you could go there after finishing cinnabar gym...is it different in touhoumon(like i have to beat elite 4 to go there) or do i need a certain patch?
    i already tried the johto patch but IPS and lunarIPS wouldnt open the patch...>///< what am i doing wrong?
    im sorry if im annoying someone with my stupid questions but this is my last chance to find out whats wrong...>__<
    thanks very very very much in advance!

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Admittantly I got lazy about half way through so I might not be able to help,
    What version of the game are you running by the way?

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Latest Touhoumon thread on iichan;

http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/381933.html

The latest version seems to be 1.53, though i'm a little out of the loop, i'll see if I can help at all.

KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 pm

I has EX-Youmu, BWAHAHAHA

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I have Parsee....

I'M JEALOUS

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sun May 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Anyone want me to dig up the latest versions and the newer version of the GBA emulator with link-up capability?

KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

I wish there was a DS compatible version.

inawarminister
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts: 10
    Registration date: 2010-05-23

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  inawarminister on Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 am

Dio wrote:Anyone want me to dig up the latest versions and the newer version of the GBA emulator with link-up capability?
    ME!

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:35 pm

UPDATED!

Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts: 112
    Registration date: 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Unyuuuu, I'm so naughty for bringing this thread alive again, but I do need some aid <3

I play the Aqua+Yui version and it's fun, whoopee, yay hooray~ But my brother wishes to play the Emerald version, but the link in the first post seems to be unfortunately, um, error-making~? It won't bring up anything to download, I mean.

If it's possible for Dio or someone else to find it again, I'd be eternally greatful so I stop getting RAWRRRRed at <3

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:48 pm

Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts: 112
    Registration date: 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 pm

yep, it works great for him!

You like, find everything, Dio :'D

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 pm

I must have search as a class skill. :/

ShinRei
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts: 18
    Registration date: 2010-09-01

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: Nanto Koshu Ken Denshousha
    Disposition:

Post  ShinRei on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 am

Everyone know they release version 1.8? of touhoumon? There are a lot of change in this version I will explain this later

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:35 am

Oh? Time to update the thread eh?
    I'll take a look into it in the morning.

ShinRei
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts: 18
    Registration date: 2010-09-01

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: Nanto Koshu Ken Denshousha
    Disposition:

Post  ShinRei on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Here Here this is information about touhoumon 1.8 that I got frommy country website

Now the lastest of touhoumon is version 1.802

Changelog

- chang all sprite in game (look better than before)

- add character from touhou 12 such as kogasa and nazrin ( I saw Hatate in this version too!!)

- change more bgm in game into touhou style

- change form from 3 to 2 and add more evolution from using stone

- change almost element in game. For example normally element which is orange color is fighting but now they change to kemono instead

- change stat of the attack

- change player sprite too

- and anything else

The important thing is now when start game and choose pokemon is not

reimu,marisa and sakuya. they replace with udonge,sanae and alice instead

>>

>>

>>

some screenshots

this is all of information that I know about new version of touhoumon

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:18 pm

I remember when I could catch Reisen in Mt. Moon. :/

KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Judging from the screenshots, I kinda liked the old sprites more?

Current date/time is Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 am