Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Katawa Shoujo

Post  Dio on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Thought i'ld randomly throw a pointer to this,
    http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/

It's a GALGE game still in development, where the objective seems to be to get a date (Etc) with a cripple.
    I'm a little tired to make a proper commentary myself, but meh, Any comments people?
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Post  Dio on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Demo is out gents, available via torrent or direct download via mentioned site.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 am

Wow, Seriously guys this is worth a shot.

The demo is only the first chapter, but I was really starting to get into the whole story.
    I was intending to write some sort of review but seriously; I don't want to give out any spoilers, go give this a shot yourself.

Anyway, only us folks who've played read this;
    Spoiler:
    Personally I found my intrest immediately drawn in by the characters, they've got a nice enough mix of traits to make them all seem original, and while I liked the nature of both the student council duo and the friendly (almost stoned) attitude of Rin (Armless girl), My intrest in them was shunned aside by the opportunity to hang out with not only 'The shy one' (Hanako) but also a refined girl (Lilly). I guess I'm biased like that.
    Character wise they made a pretty good impression, I liked the detail they put into how Lilly interacted and how they didn't make her 'Presence Psychic' like allot of blind characters from other series are (Where they're aware of who you are even when unable to see you).
    Likewise Hanako, while still being quite typical for a shy person, was a relieving breath of fresh air as she felt 'actually shy' rather than 'Moe-Moe Shy' which is what loses my intrest rather rapidly allot with these sorts of characters. Picking on the shy ones is one of my sadistic pleasures in life so perhaps It was inevitable i'ld go for this duo initially.
    Naturally my least favourite out of all the characters is the athelete girl, I dunno, mabye it's the fact she almost killed Main-Character (Hisao) but I didn't really take a shine to her at all.

Edit; Added a link to the affiliates tab on the portal.
    Damnit, I hope it's not too long untill the full thing comes out, I was really getting into that story.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 am